Before I had Jax, it used to take me at least an hour to get ready every day. I’d have a full face of makeup on and my hair done. Nowadays, I don’t have enough time to do all of that on a daily basis. Jax is down to one nap during the day so I can’t plan my beauty routine around his first nap like I used to. I don’t have the same amount of time (45-1.5 hours – depending on how well he naps) like I used to either. After a little adjusting, I’ve managed to streamline my makeup routine and cut down the amount of time I take to do it. So I thought I’d share my quick 15 minute everyday makeup routine with you all. Enjoy!
- Prep – I always make sure to put moisturizer, an eye cream, and a primer on underneath my makeup. I use Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream & their Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. Both of these products keep my skin & undereye area super moisturized & smooth. Next up, I use The Ordinary’s High-Adherence Silicone Primer. I love this primer because it helps minimizes my pores & helps keep away any oiliness that I get on my T-zone. Plus, it’s only $5!
- Eyebrows – I overplucked my eyebrows while I was in high school (biggest mistake ever!) & they haven’t been the same ever since. The front end is fine but the tail end is just a hot mess! I hardly have any hair growing at the tail end of my brows so I have to fill them in. I use Anastasia Beverly Hill’s Brow Wiz to fill them in. I’ve tried other brow pencils but I always go back to this one! I also use a little bit of Nyx’s Concealer in a Jar to clean up under my brows.
- Eyes – For my everyday routine, I’ll just put some bronzer in my crease just to add some definition. Any bronzer works but I usually use MAC’s Give Me Sun Mineralize Skinfinish. Next up, I apply false lashes. This might seem a little much for some people but hey remember, this is MY everyday routine and it takes me less than a minute to apply them. I use Ardell’s Wispies with DUO’s brush on lash adhesive. These lashes are perfect for everyday wear and the lash adhesive works the best out of all the others I’ve tried. Afterwards, I brush on some mascara onto my bottom lashes. I’ve been loving L’oreal’s Lash Paradise mascara lately.
- Face – For foundation, I use L’oreal’s Pro-Glow foundation. I love this foundation so much! It gives me that perfect glow without looking like an oil slick. Also, it gives me the right amount of coverage. Next up, I use Tarte’s Shape Tape concealer on my undereye area. This concealer is my HOLY GRAIL. It lasts long and doesn’t crease. I apply both my foundation and concealer with a damp Beauty Blender. I find that it’s so much easier and quicker than applying everything with different brushes. Afterwards, I use Laura Mercier’s Translucent Loose Setting Powder to lightly set where I applied my concealer. Then, I use MAC’s Give Me Sun again for bronzer to warm up my face and then I apply MAC’s Melba blush to the apples of my cheeks. These two products have been my go-to bronzer and blush since I was in high school. After that, I use Benefit’s Sun Beam for highlight and apply with my finger tips. It gives you that perfect sun-kissed glow.
- Lips – First, I use Christian Dior’s Crème de Rose lip balm on my lips to act as a primer. I absolutely love the scent of this lip balm & it keeps my lips hydrated. I actually have two – one for my nightstand and one in my makeup bag. My go-to lip look is MAc’s Boldly Bare lip liner & Velvet Teddy lipstick. This look is the perfect nude lip for me!
- Set – The last and final step is setting with Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray. I love the rose scent to this spray (Can you tell I like Rose scents?) and how hydrating it is on my face. After applying my makeup, this spray finishes off my look perfectly! You can’t beat the price either – only $7!
There you have it, folks! These are all the steps and products that I use for my everyday makeup routine. Now, I know it may seem like a lot to some of you but I swear, this is super quick! At first, I did take a little longer doing this routine but after figuring out which tools and products worked best, I’ve managed to cut it down to only 15 minutes.
So what products do you use in your everyday makeup routine? Any products that you would recommend? I’d love to know! Share them in the comments section! ‘Til next time! XO.